BLTa Welcomes 7 New Colleagues
Leading Philadelphia Studio Expands Talent with Young Professionals
BLT Architects – A Perkins Eastman Studio (BLTa), today announced that it has expanded its team to welcome seven new colleagues. BLTa, which recently celebrated its 60th anniversary, is renowned for its integrated architecture and interior design expertise in mixed-use, multi-family residential, hospitality, office, higher education, and transit-based projects.
“We’re thrilled to welcome such an outstanding group of young professionals whose accomplishments already demonstrate promise,” Michael Prifti, principal of BLTa said. “This has been a monumental year for BLTa. Not only did we celebrate our 60th anniversary, we also joined the Perkins Eastman family of studios, which just celebrated its 40th year. While we draw on such a rich history, our focus is on the present and, more importantly, what the future will bring. All of us at BLTa and Perkins Eastman are pleased to welcome these future industry leaders.”
New hires and their positions include:
- Ayushi Vora brings four years of professional experience as an architecture designer. Prior to joining the firm, she worked at Poskanzer Skott Architects as a Junior Architect. She holds a Bachelor of Architecture from the D.Y Patil College of Engineering and Technology and a Master of Architecture from the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Alexandra Hovatter joins BLTa as an interior designer. She graduated from Thomas Jefferson University with a Master of Science in Interior Architecture. Alexandra earned her undergraduate degree in French and international trade from Clemson University. She has several years of experience in residential design production and fabrication for retail visual display.
- James Sweeney is a recent graduate from Thomas Jefferson University, where he earned a Bachelor’s of Architecture. He joins BLTa as an architectural designer and is currently pursuing a Master of Urban Development from Thomas Jefferson University.
- Laura Elliot, who won BLTa’s Student Design Competition in 2020, had been an intern for the studio in 2020 and 2021. Now, she joins BLTa as a senior architectural designer. Laura graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a Master of Architecture and from Carleton University with a Bachelor of Architectural Studies.
- Melanie Taylor joins BLTa’s full-time Emerging Professionals program, graduating from Drexel University with a Bachelor of Architecture in 2026
- Ita Teta joins BLTa’s full-time Emerging Professionals program, graduating from Drexel University with a Bachelor of Architecture in 2026.
- Jamil Gaffud is welcomed to BLTa as a full-time Emerging Professionals Program, graduating from Drexel University with a Bachelor of Architecture in 2023.
BLTa’s portfolio includes the Stephen Girard Building, the expansion of Parx Casino, the East Market master plan, Philadelphia’s Italian Market, the Union League of Philadelphia, Live! Hotel and Casino, The Ludlow in Philadelphia, the Society Hill Marriott, multiple buildings for The Pennsylvania State University, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, The Logan, and many more.
About BLT Architects
BLT Architects – A Perkins Eastman Studio is an integrated architectural and interior design firm. Since its founding in 1961, BLTa has developed into a diverse and respected design firm headquartered in Philadelphia. The firm is honored and proud to have produced a diverse portfolio of hospitality, education, multi-family residential, and mixed-use projects. Please visit us at www.blta.com. Perkins Eastman is a global design firm founded on the belief that design can have a direct and positive impact on people’s lives.