Restoring The Lincoln Ballroom
President Taft was on hand on February 12, 1913, when the Lincoln Ballroom, a grand room on the second floor of the Union League of Philadelphia, was dedicated. The elegant 95×72-ft., 6,500-sq.ft. room features a 32-ft. high ceiling, a chandelier that had been converted from gas to electricity, and walls lined with portraits of the former presidents of the League.
Read the rest of the article here.