- NREA Development
- 175,000 SF
- $56 Million
- LEED Status
The Stephen Girard Building, originally built in 1896, has been repositioned from an outdated office building into Canopy by Hilton, a unique, urban hotel located in the Midtown Village section of Philadelphia. This project is the fourth stage of the East Market development, adding a level of sophistication, elegance, and historical context.
In line with the Canopy by Hilton’s brand pillar of embracing the local neighborhood and community, much of the new hotel’s ground floor amenities, including the restaurant and bar, are new outward-facing welcoming locals and visitors alike.
Its presence within the new surrounding urban fabric is established by restoring and preserving its exterior façades. An architectural lighting design enhances the building facades as well as provides street and sidewalk lighting for a safe and welcoming user experience.
- 2021 Preservation Alliance Grand Jury Award Winner
- 2021 AIA Philadelphia Honor Award
- 2021 AIA Pennsylvania Merit Award
- Building Design + Construction Silver Reconstruction Award
- Hospitality Design Lifestyle Hotel Public Space Finalist