- The Union League of Philadelphia
- 6,400 sf
- $3.4 Million
- Architect with Eberlein Design Consultants as Consulting Interior Designer
Roughly a century after the 1910-14 construction of the center and 15th Street building sections, the renovation of the Lincoln Ballroom completes the vision designed by famed Philadelphia architect Horace Trumbauer – including the decorative plaster coffered ceiling he envisioned, working from sketches found in the archives. The team researched other Trumbauer ceiling designs in Philadelphia and performed exacting dimensional studies that keep the original profiles and incorporate lighting and ventilation needs.
The Ballroom is outfitted with the latest audio and visual equipment, including the most advanced lighting and projection equipment available, video conferencing technology, and modern materials to upgrade the room’s acoustic capabilities. The 30-foot high wood paneled walls were cleaned and restored, and luxurious drapes were added. Four custom chandeliers were designed to complement the original 1850 chandelier, with draped European crystal, swags and decorative brass banding.
- 2014 Preservation Achievement Award - Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia
- 2014 Pennsylvania Historic Preservation Awards Construction Project Award, Commercial Properties Preservation Pennsyvlania
- 2014 Merit Award, Built Category - AIA Philadelphia
- 2014 Honor Award - AIA Pennsylvania